Non-invasive cardiology department was started in 2006 in a small OPD Clinic with Name of Escorts Amiri Diagnostic Center. In 2015 the OPD clinic is expanded with the current set up Name Amiri Medical Complex and Non-invasive cardiology department was established with name “Heart Station” where all procedures and diagnostics are taking place under one roof with the direction of our Consultant Physicians Cardiologist Dr.Abdullah Alimy and In-charge of Heart Station. Non-invasive cardiology identifies heart problems without using any needles, fluids, or other instruments which are inserted into the body.
Non-invasive cardiologists utilize techniques such as:
- Nuclear cardiology: A non-invasive study of cardiovascular disorders by means of various types of imaging which may use radioactive elements.
- Echocardiography: The usage of ultrasound waves to create images of the heart and surrounding structures in order to identify how well the heart pumps blood, infections, and structural abnormalities.
- Cardiac electrophysiology: Study and testing of the electrical currents which generate heartbeats.
- Stress tests: Stress testing usually involves exercise which is monitored by your cardiologist. These exercises provide your cardiologist information about how your heart performs under physical stress.
- Heart monitors: Heart monitors may also be called a Holter monitor or cardiac event recorder. Heart monitors are essentially tape recorders for your heart’s electrical activity over a set amount of time.
- CT scans: CT scans produce images which your cardiologist can examine for heart disease and atherosclerosis.
MBBS (PAK), FNIC (IND), FACC (USA), Consultant Cardiologist, Chairman & Managing Director